Saturday, January 24, 2009

.: blah, the picture above wasn't taken today, but's still funny. sort of. whatever anyway. haven't posted in a while. sheesh, consistency is hard. so I will pause and take this moment to check my last post to see where I left off...

.: o snap! it's been like 5 freakin days! wth have I done in those past days? hmm... well there has been some Fusion practicing. ooo, I know. It's cuz I've was working like 4 days in a row. I would wake up sometime during the afternoon and then head off to work which lasts from 2 to 10 and then make it back at some late hour and then pass out. That was me for like 4 days. But yeah, last week, was trying to choreograph for class. My shirt got all gross and sweaty. I walked outside in the freezing cold with the same shirt on, and then went to Fusion and danced some more, and walked back outside, still with the same wet shirt on and yeah, ended up feeling not so good with a splitting head ache. anyway, onto the more structured stuff.

Treat U Good dance
Last night I taught at CC's Dance Studio up in North Raleigh, off Six Forks. The kids there are really good, and they win a lot of competitions. The kids there have a lot of drive and really want it more. Anyway, I taught the Senior Advanced level. Which are the really really really advanced best dancers there. So I set a goal to make as challenging a dance as possible. I've been feeling Treat U Good by Lloyd ever since I saw Pat's choreo to it for APT at Prelude 5. So yeah, spent like 2.5 hours trying to make it. And taught it like 4 hours later. Hah, man I was tired. O, and I wanted to finish it before posting, but I'm kinda lazy, and I probably won't get around to doing it.

coach kay yow
To be honest, I didn't really know anything about her. I knew of her name and she was famous in women's basketball. But anyway, she was an important person and I figure I should write something about her. So, she's in the Hall of Fame, what, heck yeah. She won over 700 games in a span of about 38 years. 34 of them was with the Wolfpack! She coached the U.S. Olympic team to a gold medal in 1988, won four Atlantic Coast Conference tournament championships, earned 20 NCAA tournament bids and reached the Final Four in 1998. She was on the Jimmy V Foundation as a board member and was also inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame. She had been fighting breast cancer for several years but always kept a positive spirit. Amazing woman. She passed away this past Saturday, Jan. 24. Rest in peace
thanks abc and credit to mel evans/ap for the pic.

thought this was funny.
want to watch this movie.
& this movie looks hella dope.


done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... 9 looks really interesting... and you can't really go wrong with Welcome Home as the song for the trailer (in my opinion).

Btw, I spy a Lubbers in the vid :D

Carolina said...

I like the new blog posts loser! BTW....do you have a new phone number that I don't know of?