Bangkok DangerousOk, so first off, the title sounds lame. And I wasn't gonna watch it. But then I saw a short trailer, and I was like "eh, doesn't look to bad." Besides, I was thinking that other movie Nicholas Cage made - Next - I also thought would be bad, but that one was alright. Yeah, I was wrong. Made by the "Pang Brothers", there's so many things in this movie that's bad, it'd be complimenting it by listing them out. So yeah, cheesy, lame, boring, bad acting, etc. Don't waste your time watching this.
ValkyrieNow this movie wasn't that bad. The only thing that bothered me was that they were all speaking English instead of German. Yeah, it woulda probably sucked to have watched the whole movie in subtitles but ya know, it's definitely about Germans, and it has this odd like effect on me (the way you describe those rotating tunnels that throw your equilibrium all off because the wall at the end is intentionally crooked) when hearing everyone in English. O and, I've heard so many things about Tom Cruise, so it took a little bit of getting used to to see him acting and actually become that character. And that one guy from Underworld is in it too. And well, of course you know the ending, b/c Hitler commited suicide, and not assassinated. But outside of all those things, it had me getting nervous and tense at some parts and pretty good story line/directing.
Babylon A.D.Hah! Vin Diesel is so badass. He's my role model for super badassness. Anyway, he is once again badass in this movie. And it's a sci-fi action type, my kind of movie. He's this mercernary in a future time period and he's gotta type this one super chick to NY so she can have even superior babies that will start a new race. But lots of cool hi-techie stuff and actiony things going on. The director apparently didn't like it and a lot of critics seem to not have liked it either, but whatever. Michelle Yeo is in it, and she's always cool. And there's parkour in it too! It's a bro-thumbs up.
My Best Friend's GirlJust randomly watched this. Lawrence was playing it on his computer and then I sat down and started watching too, haha. Anyway, Dane Cook is effin hilarious. Some of the shit he says I'm just like, where the heck?... It's like you're following what he's trying to say and then when he finishes, you're just like what.../wow... haha. And Kate Hudson is the perfect babe. Damn, she's hot and she actually has a pretty big ass. But she's hella flat chested, and even for a casual viewer, both are emphasized in the movie, so it's not just me =P It's like Hitch except not. Jason Biggs is in it, and Alec Baldwin (huh?) eh, yeah... Funny and Kate Hudson, that's all you need to know.
Burn After ReadingMade by the Cohen Brothers. What's that mean? Well, if you've seen No Country for Old Men, then it's like that. That movie was good, but the story was like wth? and then the ending is like wth? lol So much randomness, but it's like funny too. Anyway, there's a chuckload of top name actors/actresses in this movie. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Tilda Swinton, John Malkovich, and I didn't really know them, but they're also well known - Richard Jenkins & Frances McDormand. I've seen a lot of George Clooney and Brad Pitt movies, but this one makes them completely different. Clooney acts kinda crazy in this one, and they made Brad Pitt hella dorky, haha. Don't want to ruin too much of the story, but definitely worth watching.
Eagle EyeYa know, Shia LeBeouf is actually a pretty good actor. And you have to hand it to him, the dude is dating Megan Fox, the hottest freakin girl ever. And he's come out in a lot of hit movies. Anyway, I heard from friends that this movie wasn't that good, and reviews didn't like it ever, but listen! This was like one of the most intense movies I've seen in a while. Especially that beginning car chase scene! like whoa. It seems to have borrowed from a lot of movies, like matrix, hal 2000, enemy of the state, tons of others, but still it's all put together well enough to be entertaining. I liked it because of all the action and sci-fi-ness to it, though, as one guy put it "don't really know what alternate reality it's set in..." Anyway, fun stuff, haha.

1 comment:
two words: Slumdog Millionaire
two more words: see it!
and last word is...: now!
I still need to see Eagle Eye and Burn After Reading. I don't think I can get away from the Tom Cruise-ness of Valkyrie to actually enjoy it. The trailer just killed it. =/
Post a Comment