.: ahh crap, so honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to recall everything since it's now Monday night. Eh, I'll do my best. So here's my Lunar New Year Weekend, starting from Friday.
Had run out of bread so I had cereal that morning. Also ran out of OJ and milk too. So last night, I had wrote myself a reminder note and had taped it right above my door handle, so I'd be sure to spot it in the morning. It listed stuff I needed to take to take to school so I wouldn't forget all my crap like the day before. In that list, I had included chocolates. I had bought two small ones from PB earlier that week for both my co-teachers as gifts for Valentine's Day. But I KNEW I'd let that sorta thing slip my mind on the day I usually need to take it w/ me. Sure enough, that morning, I was about to walk out the door w/o the chocolates had I not spotted my own note. At school, I gave my main Korean English co-teacher (KT) her chocolate. I then headed over to my other KT's classroom for 1st period. I gave her hers as well but I was surprised b/c she had had one ready for me too! Didn't see that one coming, haha. That was awesome, it was Ferrero Rocher. ^_^
For 1st period, I usually have 4th grade, but they had been moved to Wednesday earlier in that week. Because the 6ies had that test on Tuesday, there was 1 class that I didn't get to see, 6-3. So I got them for 1st period instead. Again, rolling paper. Emphasized that they could write in Korean on mine if they wanted too.
Then I had 3 crazy classes of 5th graders. It was snowing that day. A decent amount of flurries were coming down.
Lunch was this curry like stuff that was bangin. I had like 2 rounds of that stuff. On Monday, I had forgot to take a picture w/ class 6-4. Since, I had 6-3 that morning, 6-4 was the only class I didn't have a picture with. I really don't know the 6-4 teacher. But that's not the thing, it's just, she's so amazingly beautiful, that I get all choked up whenever I'm around her. You know the whole middle school issue, where you get all nervous and don't act yourself. Well, with her, that shit still happens to me. Maybe it's cause I'm in an elementary school, and that sorta influences those past behaviors to reoccur. So, I got my KT to help me, haha. Went to their classroom around 2pm. As always, it was hectic trying to get them to stand right, not goof off, and pose for a simple picture. Gosh, w/ 6th graders, even the simplest shit is so hard to get accomplished. It's quite the phenomenon. Yay, so I finally got a picture w/ all my 6ies. Next week will probably be last time I'll get to see most of them. I'm sad yet happy for them. Truth be told, I'm gonna miss them, haha.
Got home and I started watching some more episodes of this anime I had downloaded called Rah-Xephon. It's so confusing @.@ Every episode just leaves me more lost than the one before, and there is this thin line of plot that sorta connects everything together. Before I knew it, it was already close to 7pm. I had planned to stay in Daejeon today. I was gonna hang out and have dinner w/ Jake & Tori. I walked over to the Family Mart at the far end of the road. It was surprisingly chiller than I had expected. About 10 mins later, they came up the street. We hailed a taxi and drove towards the CGV near Timeworld in downtown Daejeon. We went and ate at this awesome steak restaurant called Wizen House. For only 18000₩ and up to 10pm, you can have all you can eat buffet, a steak, and unlimited refills on pitchers of their in-house brewed beer. Yes, they brew their own beer, IN HOUSE. I had my pepcid just to ensure I'd have a fun time and avoid the Asian glow. Steak was good. Beer was good. I actually had got pretty full off of that buffet bar. There was everything - duck, sausage, chicken, tuna, salad, fried rice, fruit, etc. I didn't know it'd be such a large gathering until Jake & Tori had told me in the car. Got to see Fred & Elena again. Joey too. And finally met in person Laney and Phoebe. There were loads of other people, but I didn't really catch all their names, and some only hung out briefly. Met this cool dude named Eric though. Had good conversation w/ him. Talked about everything. It was good catching up w/ the others as well.
Anyway, time flew by fast, and it was already midnight. It was decided we'd go to Cocoon, a club that the Daejeon EPIKers frequent regularly. I've been to the one in Seoul. A lot of the group went their separate ways. We grabbed a taxi. It's funny I can't remember who I went w/... Anyway, got to Cocoon before the others. Initially, it was just Jake, Tori, Joey, and Laney that went in first. A few others joined later on that night. So cover was 12000₩, but it also gives you free house beer all night. O yeah~! I had a good buzz going on. Haven't been clubbing since I went to NB that one night when Linda was here. It was fun to dance and let loose again. There was this stage too that sits in front of the DJs. Went up there w/ the others a few times too. Man, it was hot and icky in the club. Was feelin pretty gross, haha. Around 3am, we left and headed to McDonalds. I miss my Double Quarter Pounder meal, they didn't have it. So I got, I think it was called, Bulgogi Beef Burger instead. O, and combos/meals are called "set" in Korea. Jake, Tori, Joey, and I then grabbed a taxi and headed back to Shintanjin. I was pretty exhausted. I passed up on the idea of trying to walk back to my house, and instead knocked out at Jake's place. Hanging out in Daejeon's not too bad. I think I might do that more often.

No comments:
Post a Comment