.: Got up around 5:30am. Man, I was tired. That was like a 1 hour nap. I packed my stuff and got ready to leave. I changed the thermostat back down to 19°C like my aunt asked me to. I had changed it cuz it gets pretty chilly in that apartment. Left to Daebang Station. Took the subway to Yeongdeungpo Station and arrived by like 6:05 ish. I knew there was always a 6:13am train that leaves every morning, so I was rushing to get to the station in time to buy a ticket. In my rush, I forgot my slippers once again. It's almost pointless to have bought them now since next week is spring break and there's no class. Anyway, feelin hella tired and sleepy. It was cold. Got on train 7. Once in my seat, I passed out. Sorta. I was in a groggy stupor. Time seemed to fly by and before I knew it, I was already in Shintanjin. Hopped on the 703 and got off at Hanil Hospital. Briskly started walking home. Saw a lot of my students along the way and waved hi. Once home, ate some toast and took a quick shower. I noticed I was almost outta peanut butter. Decided to dress somewhat casually that day since I didn't have to teach. Ended up at school around 8:50am. Hella late, but it didn't really matter too much. There was no rush. So once I got settled, I contemplated about what I could do to pass the time. I watched youtubes, did facebook, watched Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations: Panama, also downloaded and watched the America's Best Dance Crew. I'ma go off on a little tangent about ABDC.
ABDC is in its 5th Season. Didn't watch the 4th season at all. Shane Sparks has been replaced w/ Omarion. Apparently, Sparks was charged w/ child molestation. o_O! I admit Omarion's a dope dancer. But that's about it, I don't really think he was a good choice to replace Sparks. I didn't think Sparks made that great of judge in the first place. Actually, Lil Mama and JC don't really give out much helpful critique either. I think Jayson Wright coulda been a good choice. Or Napoleon and Tabitha D'umo (even though they're already slated for SYTYCD). Out of ALL the choreographers out there, I think the ones I named, have the credits, respect from the community and industry, and know how to keep it real and give decent feedback. There are others, but many are past their prime, don't have the credentials yet, or specialized in only one area. Credentials as in having danced w/ many artists, was the main choreographer for an artist, knows the competition, industry, and community scenes, and is all around knowledgeable in dance (not just hip hop). Anyway, this season has a lot of my friends, and people I know (of) on it. I'm so excited! I'm gonna assume that you've been keeping up so far w/ the episodes. For the South, it's was down to Swagger Crew, Royal Flush, and Jungle Boogie. My friends, the twins, Anthony and Antwain are in Jungle Boogie! They did a dope job. They have a good head on their shoulders (I'm referring to the leader). Not sure about the whole "crankin" though. It's a little bit superfluous. I see what the judges were tryna say about Swagger Crew. I agree, "too practiced and not real". I think they're loosely based outta Gotta Dance Atlanta. The East brought Saltare, Static Noyze, & Blueprint! First on Saltare, they're from Raleigh, that's nice and all, but it's a jumproping team. WTF, I don't care if you're national champions in jump rope or whatever. Stick to jumproping, don't come on a dance TV show (you shoulda gone to America's Got Talent, that audience would be wowed by your skills). And, great, the crew outta NC is something lame like jumproping. Well, K, maybe lame is harsh, but you're stuck in the same wack ass group of crews that brought on clogging and the other gimmick teams. Argh. NC has so much talent, thanks for taintin the hip hop dance image for us. Now, for the other 2 teams. Static Noyze is DOPE! And my friend Gus is on it! I have a friend who's friends w/ Suzette. Gus is a sick dancer and he's so young. That team is gonna stay. And finally Blueprint! O man, I can't believe Blueprint is on the show! Blueprint is in like the same league as Beat Freaks. You know, ridiculously good and it's shocking to see them on this TV show. They're def gonna be in the finals. Can't wait to see all the new stuff they'll produce! For the West, it was Poreotix, Heavy Impact, & Hype 5-0. Poreotix is dope. They're hella entertaining. Heavy is unique because of their size and they have talent. Hype 5-0 is the first from Hawaii and yeah they're good. But in a general sense, West didn't really stand out this year. I think the key to winning ABDC is the understanding and use of concepts and executing them correctly. Givens are good choreo and being clean, together, lines, etc. But in the end, everyone has those, it's concept expression at that point. And teams that already show that are Static, Blue Print, & Poreotix. If you only have one thing goin for you, you're pretty short-lived, i.e. Saltare (jump rope...), Royal Flush (cards), Heavy Impact (their weight), and Swagger (the swagger, if they can live up to it). These teams are probably gonna be the first to go. I'm waitin to see what Jungle and Hype will show.
Soo... I was suppose to finish this yesterday. Tryna to finish it up today, but the memories are quickly fading/have faded. Hmm... lunch I don't remember. In the afternoon, I got chocolates for Valentine's from some of the 5th grader girls. I think they're like my unofficial fan club, haha. Kind of the highlight of that day up until that point. They talk so fast I don't even know what they're saying sometimes @_@
The rest of the afternoon just continued with more of the same: video watching and facebook. After I got back home, I changed to leave for Home Plus. I think I left by like 5:30? Took express bus 2 south to the Korea Electric Corporation bus stop. I only had like 500₩ on my Hankkumi Card (it's a transportation kind of debit card that you can reload. It gives you like a 50₩ discount) phone dangle, so I paid with cash (1000₩). When I got off the bus I was gonna wait for the 701 to come by so I can hop on that to go down one stop to right in front of Homeplus. The bus monitor had said 3 mins left, so I was like yes, good timing! But then I realized I paid w/ cash, and didn't use my card, which you need to transfer to another bus w/o having to pay another bus fare. (No, damn it!) So I just walked the distance. Got my no.3 on sale, 3900₩ meal, haha. Ate hella quick, cuz I knew I have this habit of losing track of time while shopping. Browsed around and bought a head of lettuce and some chicken which by the way was on sale! Hell yes, I was ecstatic! Also got some Skippy creamy peanut butter cuz I was running low on that. Just bought another pair of cheap slippers cuz who knows when I'll actually bring the pair I bought in Seoul back down to Daejeon. And finally a small pack of chocolate candy to give my Jang Dong co-teacher for Valentine's. Afterward, I walked outside trying to look for a GS 25 (which is like a convenience store like 7/11. those also happen to be in Korea too), b/c they're the only convenience store that def reloads Hankkumi cards. Halfway across the crosswalk, I spotted one down the block from the side I was walking away from. Scampered back and made my way there. I scrapped all the leftover money I had including change and put another 8000₩ on my card. Walked out to the bus stop and saw that 701 was only like 6 mins away. Well I waited, and waited, and the mins were going down, and then all of sudden it just disappeared off the screen. I was like WTF?! I know it didn't pass by cuz I was staring hard down the street to see it coming. So then I waited for an indefinite period of time, and it was COLD! Anyway, bus finally came and there were HELLA people on it. WTH?!? argh, it's cuz u damn ppl that made the bus late. I was ready to kung fu everyone's ass on that bus. Instead I just aggressively shoved my way towards the back, enjoying myself in the process, haha. At home, relaxed a bit. Then got ready for TKD. Decided to leave early so I could stop by M Club to talk to the owner. Went by and peaked inside, but there was an aerobic class of a whole bunch of ajummas. I was like o_O? Made a call outside in the hallway instead. No answer, guess she was the one teaching. Headed over to TKD. Class was strenuous! My throat and lungs were on fire! Ugh, freakin smoking... >.< The instructor showed us the first half of Taeguk 1. The white belt form. There's so many terms to learn, one for every stance. It's daunting +_+ After class, Jake told me he attempted to Mi-yeok Guk (미역국), a kind of seaweed soup. He had some leftover and asked if I wanted some. I went over and realized he had made it w/ laver instead the kelp. Gave me like 1.5 liters worth. Thanked him, and walked back home. With my TKD bag in one hand and the soup in the other, my hands felt like they were icing over O_< Got home and heated some up in pot to try some. Didn't taste too bad. Saved the remaining half to have for breakfast the next morning. Showered and read my book some more and passed out.

No comments:
Post a Comment