Friday, June 5, 2009

Feels Good

.: So yesterday, I strangely woke up around 7am. Since I was up, I figured I might as well try to be productive. I finally washed my bed sheets and pillow cases. I think in my rush, I forgot to add laundry detergent. I can't remember if I did or not. But they smell much nicer now. I also vacuumed my room. Sheesh, haven't done that in a while either. My floor definitely has a much cleaner to look it (at least to me). Finished folding my laundry clothes too. I'd say my Wednesday was pretty good.

So I have a new favorite vegetable: white asparagus. According to Grace, it makes your pee smell funny. Oh well. I first found out about it from Heron's. I was at Harris Teeter (HT) the other day, and I strolled through the produce section to see if they had it. Indeed they did, and the label said they're quite beneficial for you. Prepping them to eat is tedious though. You have to cut off the ends, and peel them well because the outer skin is bitter. They're also brittle, so they break easily if not handled well. Anyway, blanched and sauteed them. Tasted good! I also had my first try with tuna. At the HT, I walked by fisherman's market and got a yellowfin medallion. I had recently watched a show of Alton Brown's Good Eats. I didn't know tuna was so easy. As long as it's sushi grade, cooking isn't even required! =D Anyway, I didn't do it exactly the same way as Alton. I just s+p the sides and seared it on my new pan that I also bought from HT. I bought a lot of stuff on that one HT run, dropped like $62. Don't necessarily know if HT costs more than Food Lion... Back to the tuna, so one side was a little off shaped so I had to hold up the tuna, but I guess the pan was too hot or something, and it ended up charring the pan surface (the tuna was burnt ended up burnt on that side too). My brand new pan! On the first use! Eh, shit happens, but the tuna turned out bangin!

I found some new stuff I want to cop. Crooks & Castles came out with their new line. It's the usual fare, but they do have this pork pie hat. It looks good in the picture, but I have to see in person if I like the brim and the color or not. Nike is also releasing their Air Zoom Toki Tier Zero. I like the grey. People say it kinda looks like the Vans shoe, but eh, I think it has its own style. I never got the Lux ones that came out a while back. Too bad these are only available at Undefeated. >_< I also found out Commonwealth is doing a shoe collab with Reebok on the Reebok Pump Omni Lite. I've always liked the Omni Lite (especially the Voltron ones a while back). I'm really feeling this Seafoam color too. Hope I'm still around to cop one.

Speaking of which, you're like "hope I'm still around...?" meaning, as in, still around in the US. I am proud to officially announce, I'm teaching in Korea! O snap! Yes, it's real now, I am going to be teaching English in Korea through the EPIK program. I got the call, and I'm going to be posted in the small province of Daejeon. My aunt lives there, and its a little south of Seoul. I'm just waiting for the contract to come in the mail. Set date to depart is August 19th. This is so crazy! How do I prepare?! nervous.... -_-;;;

yeah, ok that's long enough for now.
- John K.

1 comment:

The Big Dreamer said...

OMG, John!! I know we haven't talked in a while, but wow -- I can't believe you're going to Korea to teach!!! How long will you be there? Or is this a more permanent decision for you? Holy crap... that's exciting though!!! I hope you'll still keep up with your blog and post interesting stories & lots of pictures of your new life experience. Would be great to "tag" along with you through this venue. =)