Friday, April 3, 2009

R.E.A.C.H. x Jimmy John's

.: So last night, I was at the library working on my EPIK app. Sam was working, so after I finished up, walked over there w/ Dani. Asked him where a good place to eat would be because Sam gets around a lot, and he's knowledgeable on these things. He's a good go-to person for stuff like that, =P Anyway, he suggested Jimmy John's cuz R.E.A.C.H. was having their charity fundraiser there. Any sales from 4pm to 10pm, 10-15% of it would go towards REACH. Thankfully it had stopped raining, so we walked down Hillsborough, and when we got there, surprise, friends were there. So Poon suggested I get the JJ Gargantuan. I always get the Beach, but I thought I'd try something different (this also occurred earlier in the day when we went to Arby's. I usually get the Philly, but opted for the Classic Italian, which wasn't too bad). Must agree. It was beast. And pretty good. So yay, I helped REACH out a bit more. So what is REACH anyway? Good question, it stands for Relaying Empowerment- Anything Can Happen. And it was started by Poon himself. It is actually a joint effort of the ASA of the three Triangle schools, NC State, Duke, and UNC. But instead of me trying to paraphrase what this organization/project is about, I'll give you the exact words (cuz I'm also lazy):

" A charity project which strives to empower less fortunate communities across the globe by providing facilities for students to attend school. Working alongside China Tomorrow Education Foundation (CTEF), REACH intends to build their first school by June 2009 in Guangxi, China. Along with constructing this school REACH intends to send several students to China to oversee the development, formation, and realization of the school and its curriculum. In order to realize such a goal, REACH aims to raise $50,000 by the end of May. With the support of the community, we hope that not only will REACH be a huge success this year, but that it will grow to be even greater in years to come. "

So there you have it. They're gonna have a few more events coming up soon, but to stay updated, go to their website:

As a side note, guess who designed that latter website? Yes, yours truly, albeit, in the world of web design, it's pretty bad. But I built that site from the ground up, the old school way (no dream weaver, just NotePad), including the graphics. Ahh, that was way back in the day, when I was at my peak in terms of HTML and CSS. Eh, maybe later down the line, I'll try to relearn all that + MySQL + PHP + Flash + Javascript... maybe much later. -_-;;;

No comments: