Friday, April 3, 2009

twitter bug

.: yeah, so I recently have sorta caught onto this whole twitter thing. this video is a funny way of explaining it, haha. What's twitter? well at first I didn't get it, but then idk, once you add a few friends and find a few new people, it gets interesting. anyway, you can ADD ME.


» Acronym
.: So while I was in the Bay the first time, I went hunting for different stores. One of which was Recon. When I got there, it's name was actually changed to The Darkside Initiative. Pretty badass name, anyway, I was looking through their stuff, and I came across this dope jacket. 'Cept it cost a bazillion $$$ but it was by this brand called Acronym, based in Denmark. I had heard of it before - probably from Hypebeast (which I haven't really checked in a while) - but anyway, the construction and design were sick. The guy was like, "you know of acronym". and my half-lying ass was like, "yeah, I've heard of them, they're dope" >_< he was like "word". Anyway, saw some of their stuff again, and they still put out really good stuff. I've been looking for a good backpack, and I've been feeling the nike sb one for a while, but theirs is really nice. Just way out of my price range. Just like the premium leather version of the nike sb backpack (posted below it).

» Air Yeezy
.: so Kanye teamed up with Nike to make his own signature shoe which he dubbed the Air Yeezy. I believe there is some Marty Mcfly influence in its design, but anyway, one of the dope things about it is that the sole glows in the dark! Should look hella dope at night/at the club. So a lot of places will be releasing this custom rariety this Saturday April 4. I know of a few places, but it's limited, and ultra exclusive, and there's a 99% chance that I can't get my hands on these, so I'm not gonna try and bother, and they're $215 I don't have. But yeah, if you get them nice! otherwise good luck.

» Kaws
.: super totally random, but I decided I'd like to highlight a major figure in the world of street art, Kawsone, or Kaws. He started in New York, but has moved on, and done bigger things. He is known for his signature uh, face? It's two X's for the eyes and crossbones. I've already seen the video below a long time ago, but check out the stuff he did back in '97, and then the work he does now. He's also the guy behind OriginalFake.



» April Fooled
.: So did anyone get majorly screwed over yesterday for April Fool's? I sorta did, fooled for a whole year, I didn't know it was a joke until today. So last year, I was reading the hundreds blog like usual, and I read one post that said they were getting bought out by LVMH (Louis Vouitton + Moet Hennessey). I was like whaaat? then woooord! And they even made a hella official page making it even more credible. But it turns out it was just play, and the hundreds are still doin their thing, without any huge corporate entity hanging over them. Truth be told, I was kinda in shock the first time I read about it, because, I was, doesn't that (being bought out) go against everything the hundreds is about? but o well.

No comments: