Thursday, February 25, 2010

February Project - Day 15

.: BLAH! Why did I have to go so many days w/o updating?! argh... ok. So this was a Monday. It's technically Spring Break but I still had to go into school. I only had to be there from 10am-12pm. And I would just teach English to teachers. There were only 2 signed up and there was also the military service young man that worked in the finance office. The young man ended up on library duty so he wasn't able to attend for the week. I think he was pretty disappointed. So I really had no idea what to teach, but I headed in early around 9am to prepare stuff. I went in and it was kinda chilly that day I remember and I turned on my computer in my classroom to start work. I ended up on facebook and maybe watched a few youtube videos, haha. Good thing I had some default material I could teach. I decided I'd use my "Restaurant Ordering" lesson. Which is pretty exhaustive and covers a ridiculous gamut of possible phrases, expressions and situations you'd run into if you were to order food at a restaurant in America. It worked wonderfully and took up a whole hour. I then said we'd break for about 10 mins. The next hour of class I decided we'd watch Julie & Julia, the movie. I figured I could stop it every few minutes and have them ask me questions or I'd explain what just happened. Yeah, it didn't work very well, and we only got like 30 mins into the movie, haha. I don't think they really liked that. They looked hella lost. After that I went back home and changed real quick. My next destination was Homeplus. Arrived there around 1pm ish and had lunch. I love that #3 3900₩ meal! Then I went down for some quick shopping. I really needed some more dish detergent, so that was one of the first things I shopped for. That shit's kinda hard when you can understand what's on the labels. I can read it and all, but I don't know what "dish detergent" is in Korean. Ugh, frustrating effort. I also wanted to buy some green onions and try that in my cooking and see how it'd change things up. I also got me a small plastic bookshelf! And for cheap too! Only like 4000₩. It was perfect for all those books and miscellaneous papers and junk that sit atop my TV. It'd organize things up nicely and make more room. I ended up only dropping round 17500₩. A new personal low spending total I believe. Arrived back home after 3:30 I think. I don't really remember. But changed and it wasn't before I was back out the door walking to school. I was meeting up w/ my co-teacher at 4:30 at the school front driveway entrance for a ride. Today was the End of the School Year Celebration and Retirement and Faculty leaving Saeil Party Banquet Bonanza. It was all of that combined. Went all the way out to Jeon Chiwon for the restaurant. It was huge! The whole 2nd floor was reserved for us. It was dope! Got to eat lots of yummy food, drink, be merry, wish good tidings and luck and success and health to everyone. Lots of crying and sadness for the ones who were departing from our Saeil. Lots of speeches and ceremonial courtesies. You get the idea right? So I'll just post the billions of pictures I took that night below.

No comments: