Thursday, February 25, 2010

February Project - Day 14

.: Sunday morning, woke up late. Took a shower and headed to Gangnam. I had planned to meet Susan for lunch. It had been put off time and time again cuz one or the other was busy or couldn't make it. I was early and she was running a little late, so I decided to chill at Kyobo in Sinnonhyeon and read my book some more. Got her message a little later and met up w/ Susan near exit 6 of Gangnam Station, which is within walking distance of Sinnonhyeon Station. We went right around the corner to the next street and spotted this donkatsu restaurant. Went inside and I ordered myself this "New York Style" donkatsu.

Susan got like a Mexican style one w/ salsa and stuff. Yummy food~ Caught up w/ Susan. She recently moved to the Suwon area, so now she won't have to travel the whole length of Seoul to hang out in Gangnam. After lunch, she had to tend to some moving issues and I went off to church. Service was kinda long b/c communion was that day. I had no immediate plans for the afternoon, so I stayed for the whole service. After church, saw my friend Yeojean. We headed over to this new taco spot I didn't know of before that's near NB. Met up w/ some of Yeojean's friends. It was kinda awkward for me. I didn't really know how to converse w/ them. Everything kinda felt forced. A little light chit-chat and then I along w/ a few other ppl left. I might go back there sometime to try their food. They were saying it was better than Dos Tacos. I love Dos Tacos, but to say it's better than theirs, it must really be good. The prices were a little higher too. I then left to go to SinGeumHo Dong. I walked over to my aunt's place.

My cousin, Harin, hadn't arrived yet, so I just waited at the house. I talked to my grandma for a bit and watched TV in her room. Saw that there was a Family Outing Season 2! I had read that Family Outing was gonna be canceled b/c several of the main cast, including MC Yoo JaeSung and Hyori weren't gonna sign up for another series of shows. But now it's back w/ a whole new cast. I hope it's as good as the first. Family Outing is another one of my favorite TV shows. This new cast has Taecyon from 2pm, JoKwon from 2am, Yoona from SNSD, and like 4 others. While watching TV, Harin had come back, and w/ her, my other cousin, YoungGyu! I hadn't seen him at all since I had come to Korea b/c he was serving his time in the army. But he was out for a break at that time. He had gotten so tall! and older! it was like throwing me off. But it was good to finally see him in person. I hope I get to hang out w/ him more often when he finally gets out (which I guess is like around the end of this month). Then I went w/ Harin to get a haircut. At the shop, I really had no idea what style of hair I wanted. I just wanted the back cut shorter, something trendy, and somewhat professional/young adult looking. Nothing radical like kpop hair. After a long picking process, I was like eff it, let's just do whatever. Dude cut my hair w/ a lot of meticulousness. I appreciate that. And well the final product was a hairstyle I've never done before. It was like a stylish haircut, not a basic one or anything. That's def new for me. I guess I liked it. I didn't know, I didn't really have an exact opinion about it, haha. But Harin approved, so I guess it was ok. Walked back home and my aunt ordered some Jangjang myun. Yep, jangjang myun again, haha. Got hella stuffed. Then I taught them some English for about an hour. Left afterward, and headed back to Daebang. I think I arrived around 9:30pm. Finally got to see my aunt, hadn't seen her all that weekend. Guess she had been busy. She told me my younger cousin had gone back to boarding school and that that Friday, b/c she was feelin sick, my little cousin had slept in my uncle's room. I guess my little cousin was still kinda under the weather, cuz she still had headaches and stomachaches. Poor kid. Decided that I'd leave in the morning. Anyway, talked w/ my aunt a bit about this and that, such as the Winter Olympics. She showed me Kim Yu-na's 007 set that had won her 1st place in another huge world figure skating competition. She's so talented, and pretty cute too haha. My aunt had some things to take care of on the computer so I left her alone and went into the living. Read my book some more. It started to get kinda late, so I got ready for bed. I didn't bother to pack my things and just pushed it off until the next morning.

No comments: