Monday, February 23, 2009

Roadtrip


.: Don't really remember doing anything big these past few days, but in no particular order, starting with:

KSA Mixer
Went to the UNC KSA Afterparty mixer in Chapel Hill w/ John Ng. Surprised to see people I know there. It was so random going. I didn't take any pictures, so maybe some will surface somewhere? John Lubbers, Alex, Jackie, & Carrie were all there, so we danced our asses off... by ourselves haha. Fun times. And in traditional KSA mixer style, it ended w/ lots of angry drunk asians yelling at each other. "fighting". lame. kids. egos. frats. attention-hungry. trying to hard. showing off. lame. Ate at Time-out afterwards, and finally came back home like at 5am? ugh.
:: edit ::
a picture did surface, haha. wow, totally forgot I took this one too.

The Wackness
Geeez, I finally got to watch this movie. And yeah it was dope. It was actually kinda funny, especially the part where he gets laid for the first time. there were so many little things in there that I remembered from my younger days - The Nintendo® and original GameBoy®. I remember having to blow inside those cartridges and the dull one color tiny screen. The soundtrack for the movie was dope too. And the chic, Olivia Thirlby is pretty hot. She's in this other movie, Juno (yeah, you might have heard of it), I might watch that, and based on Michael Cera's performance, I might maybe possibly even watch Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. That's an if, and if it does happen, I'd be watching with Danielle. Anyway, the Wackness has a pretty good plot. It's a period piece set in NYC circa '94. And the visual effects really give it that back in the day feel. The characters are really unique, the actors/actresses are great. Sir Ben Kingsley is dope, and then Famke Jensen is in it too. Mary Kate Olsen is in it too (whaaat? yeah, that's what I said), and Method Man has an accent (whoa). Josh Peck does a good job too. Anyway, watch it. It's dope.

Driving to Los Angeles
Craziness. Hella spontaneous. I only made this decision like, last Wednesday? Hanging w/ John Lubbers, dancing and stuff, and we talked about him moving out there. It's so crazy. Eric and now John too. Will I make this move soon as well? Anyway, gonna keep him company heading out there. Leaving from To The Pointe later on tonight. Driving for like 4 days, and then! Flying from LA to DC! For... Monsters of Hip Hop! Insane! Man, well, I'ma try to document this trip and try to make posts as I travel and shit. So be on the lookout. And the dance I learned from John is below. Did that in 15 min. Badassness.

No comments: