
.: Man, I was pretty hungover. Sam got back around the same time Ricky was dropping me off. He helped me inside and I just pretty much passed out on the stairway. I woke up around 5 ish in the morning b/c my camera was bothering my hip, I was already in an awkward sleeping position w/ non-breathable contacts (color ones) in my eyes, and you ask how could I get any more uncomfortable? good question, idk either, lol. Anyway, pulled out all the stuff from my sweat soaked pants and ditched them aside, changed clothes and then went to the second floor to pass out on the ground, haha. Didn't wake up until 10:30ish to Sam watching some youtube videos. I had the madd munchies and my head was a little dizzy still. Well, bought some hardee's breakfast, the loaded biscuit & gravy combo aka heart attack. Mmm... it was good. Then Law's dad came back and he made some bangin curry. Tasty grubbin. Sam had to get going to the airport b/c he was leaving for San Francisco. Soooooooooo super jealous. argh, frustration. lol, man, lucky for him. Well, drove him to the airport. Took a wrong turn and ended up on 540 and had to turn back around. Then drove again and we couldn't find the American Airlines terminal, but it happened to be Terminal C, the next one. I didn't even know there was a second terminal... o_O so yeah dropped him off and said our goodbyes. He'll be there for about 2 weeks. Ack! So jealous. Moving on, came back and looked through facebook photo albums. A lot of people have been going overseas and taking these gorgeous pictures of exotic locations. So jealous, I'm stuck in boring countryville raleigh w/ ignorant rednecks and ghetto ass bums. Anyway, the photos were amazing. I was looking especially through the Chou's sisters pictures of China, wow. so beautiful. man I wish I could be there. And some friends went to Germany, Caicos Islands, Thailand, Ethopia, Peru, Israel, Guatemala, Phillipines, etc. :: sssssiggghhh :: times a million. My life is kinda sucky right now, just tons of work work work. Ok enough complaining, moving on. Stopped by Starbucks. Didn't even recognize the entrance b/c it had not-so-starbucky type of ads. And inside they had these cute little things on each table to give a summery feel.
.: of course, I bought myself a Mocha Frap, the best, haha.
.: Then headed over to Barnes & Noble. Been meaning to go for a while, but haven't had the time. Lawrence's stack had a crapload of magazines. And he actually looked through all of them.
.: I know I take longer to look through stuff, so I just made specific choices. Paper on the far left is a new mag I had heard about. The cover featured Pharrell and his super nice, super expensive Hermès Haut à Courroies purple croc bag. Eh, its nice I guess. But I can do w/o. Besides that, it had some interesting stuff. Next is Thrasher. This is like the official skateboarding mag. It's been around probably as long as skateboarding has, idk. But yeah, picked it up to keep tabs on the stuntwood scene.
Then there's Mass Appeal. It is a pretty in-the-know mag on the whole street couture scene. Anyway, in it, it has a really interesting article covering the history of the Bay Area Bus Bombing. Bombing as in tagging or graffiti on buses using markers, compass points, etc. Marking your "name". Its pretty detailed but check it out. And finally, there's this guy named Rob Walker. He's had this blog called Murketing. He's also the author of Wall Street Journal's (or is it New York Times, w/e) column, Consumed. Basically he makes a connection b/w marketing and the consumer. The connection is sometimes murky. Those murky connections he dubs "murketing". Well he finally came out w/ his book, Buying In. Of course, I didn't expect to read the whole thing, so I flipped to what I thought would be most interesting: the streetwear related chapter, lol. It talked about A-ron & his cool guy status that he used to make the aNYthing lifestyle brand. And he also talks about one of my favorite brands The Hundreds. Anyway, plan on buying in-to the book (hehe) later. So after we got our reading fix, we decided to head back to the house. There will be another post about Jane's b-day dinner & the best storyline in a movie I've ever seen in a long time.

No comments:
Post a Comment