.: Went to the Food Lion earlier to buy some groceries. I've been eating out too much lately - more than I would have wanted too. It's a lot of extra spending I can't afford. Funny how shit happens like that... Anyway, was walking through the meat area just looking to see what protein I should get, when I saw lamb shoulder. I've already done chicken, steak, & shrimp. I felt confident enough, so I bought some to try at home. I looked up online different cooking methods and a lot of them said not to cook past medium rare... which to me, equates to cook really short. I saw a lot of roasting recipes and different options to add such as onions, lime, butter, white wine, etc. I felt I got the general gist of it. Also bought some I Can't Belive It's Not Butter "butter". I took some and melted that down in a pan, and then I added some chardonnay. I salt + peppered both pieces of lamb and seared both sides for like 30 secs each (shit looked like it was cooking hella fast). Then I threw them bitches into the conventional oven set at approximately 325°F and let it cook for like 5-7 min. I guess it turned out ok? I'll see later if I did ok or not, based on how my stomach reacts. So far, so good. I also blanched/shocked some green beans and baby carrots. I read online the times and the websites were saying to boil them for 3 mins. Previously, I was only doing it for like 30-45 seconds! O, and I also cut the ends off the green beans this time. Sautéed some of that - the carrots turned out really soft, like mashable soft... I don't know if that's a good thing or not. The green beans seemed the same. I also had some potatoes still sitting around. I checked on them, and 2 of them had these massive plant weird looking things mutating on them and some others had some mold. So out of like 7 or so potatoes, I only used 3. And of those 3, I peeled the shit of them to get rid of dark areas, which made them about 3/4 their original size. And in, my hurry, I didn't quarter them, and cook them long enough for the water to disintegrate them properly... BUT! I saved it. I had also bought some heavy cream - took 2 shots of that, and mixed it with some of my ICBINB butter, salt + pepper, and some garlic herb seasoning and made a beastly flavoring. Mashed the shit out of them potatoes (they were still semi-hard, argh), but it tasted dope. I didn't want it to get cold, so I put it in the oven set at 350°F. I don't know if that did something, but when I pulled it back out, the color was more golden and it seemed to taste even better! I'm such a chef. You know, it takes a lot of work to make a good meal. I definitely appreciate the art of cooking and I have a lot of respect for the masters that are good at it.
» Wound vulnerable
.: I've been pretty prone to pain lately. As you can see above I banged the shit of out my leg on the dishwasher door when it was open. And yesterday, I picked up a piping hot ass plate (w/o knowing it was so ridiculously fuckin hot) and burnt my finger. It's sorta starting to blister. O, and Dani's been slapping me a lot. But I guess that's my fault, haha =P
» Seven Pounds + Meet Joe Black
.: I always wanted to watch Seven Pounds because Will Smith is a dope actor and lots of people said it was good. I think it's a really well-made storyline, or I'm just slow to catch on, but I didn't "get it" until hella towards the end - when he calls his friend and says it's time. Dani said she got it when she saw the newspaper clipping. Psh, w/e. lol. Anyway, wow, such a good movie, and really amazing acting. And man, at the end, you're just left speechless. You're really sad, b/c ben thomas carries this burden, but you're really happy b/c all these people were given 2nd chances or a new outlook to life. And you're just amazed b/c of the kind of gift given. But you're sad b/c he's built these relationships only to go away at the end. It's a mix of a lot of things at once. And then when you go back and watch all the scenes with the secret in mind, it just blows you away and it's like you're watching a whole new movie. Such an awesome movie. Go watch!
.: It's kinda ironic and funny how I was able to find an almost identical scene from both movies. Pure coincidence. Anyway, went over to Sam's to chill and eat some McDonald's. He had been telling me about Meet Joe Black but I wasn't so big on watching it b/c of the love story etc. But man, this movie also had an awesome story. It's like half-fantasy almost. Anyway, Anthony Hopkins is really really cool in this movie. The kind of man you admire. I must say, his suit looks pretty sharp at the beginning, and also I like the casual attire he wears the day of his birthday. Brad Pitt is pretty dope too. He's like THE man, when it comes to the ladies, he works it like crazy on the Susan. And he's pretty funny too, playing as Death. Death seems to like peanut butter, haha. It's amazing to watch what Bill Parrish goes through, he has so much character and dignity. The Alex dude is a total douchebag, wanted to punch him in the face. He got his. But it's really sad too, b/c at the end, you have to deal with the concept of good-bye. Nobody likes saying good-bye. Especially when it has to do with love. But you feel better when Bill Parrish tells Susan never to regret. Ahh, I'm giving too much away. Anyway, watch it, it's really good, and it makes you appreciate life and contemplate your decisions. The latter pic above, Anthony Hopkins as Bill, gives an amazing speech/performance. You're just drawn in by him as a character, and it's stunning, because of the context of his speech.
EDIT
So after posting this, I looked at the two photos side by side and thought about their respective scenes. And then I was like WHOA! The same exact things are going on, both couples, especially for the male characters, developed their love relationship unintentionally. The scenes pictured above, at that point in the storyline, they both carry the burden of their secret, they're so in love, yet they they know they have to leave the one they love and say good-bye, forever. But the female characters don't know it yet. For the females, this is their first true experience really being in love. At this point, they kiss the girls' hand as a thank you for what they've given them, and also because they're sad, this is what they appreciate most, but must leave behind. I may not have worded it best, but you get the idea. I'm such a literally or maybe film analysis genius, (thanks mrs. lively for teaching that stuff back in high school).


2 comments:
7 pounds was awesome, I balled my eyes out at the end of the movie. Was so touching
I hope you're cooking fore more than just one b/c that's a lot of effort for a one person meal!
If you want something that's slightly less work, trader joe's has these already marinated lamb pieces and you can just chop them up and roast them :D
Post a Comment