Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Shrimp Scampi
.: this is a short post. I wanted to write down how to make shrimp scampi before I forget. My friend taught it to me, so let's see, you take frozen shrimp, thaw it, take off the tail parts, shell, whatever. then salt+pepper season it. Put some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in a pan and let it get hot! Also I helped dice up some shallots (little onions) and crushed and diced some garlic. Threw the shrimp in first and let them cook a little, and then threw in the shallot+garlic mix. O, there were some scallions (green onions) that we cut up and threw in also - for some color. After all that, poured in some white wine (chardonnay) and some lemon juice. My friend said that citrus and seafood go well together. We let the current liquid reduce down a bit. Added some butter after that. And took this concoction and mixed it with cooked spaghetti noodles to make the final thing. yay, done.

No comments:
Post a Comment