Saturday, February 14, 2009

Date Weekend Part 2


.: SO! Sunday, woke up around 11am-ish. When I walked outside, Kenny's bro was working on Lincoln's car. Lawrence, Kenny, and Lincoln were all helping, and Linda was out there too. Told them I was going to Green Basil for some pho. They said I should eat at Pho Far East instead. It was in the same area, and tasted better. I went there a long time ago w/ kenny, sophia, and a few others. Anyway, picked Danhee up from her place, she looked great =) Headed over to North Raleigh off Capital Blvd. Course I order Pho Dac Biet which is basically the large bowl w/ everything in it. had to add the hoisin sauce and limes. added sriracha for the first time. A little spicer, tasted a little better =P Then headed off to church at GMM in Durham. Saw a lot of ppl I hadn't seen in a while. As I was leaving church, I saw DPAC and remembered how nice downtown Durham actually looked. I remembered my supervisor mentioning this ice cream place called Locopops. She said they made amazing ice cream. It's actually these Mexican style popicles called paletas. Read about them via Food & Wine here. But sadly, it was closed. They had moved locations. Well we decided to walk around a bit, soak in the sun, and... take pictures! Man, downtown Durham has a lot of color to it. Since we were at Durham, thought we'd catch a movie at Southpoint. People had been telling me about this one movie for a while and how good it was, Sophia being one of the first, haha. It's called Slumdog Millionaire. Wow, that was a pretty dope movie. It's set in India. It's this kid, Jamal, who's on India's version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, and somehow, he's answered every question correctly. You follow his life story and the harsh childhood he grew up in. Growing up with his older brother and his friend, Lakita. He learns all these things from life and that's how he's able to answer every question asked. It's really well made, and there's a lot of funny parts too. Great movie. And Frieda Pinto is hella hot. After the movie, we drove back to Raleigh to hit up Barnum and Bailey's Ringling Brothers Circus show at the RBC Center. It was the last show for the weekend. Yo, real talk, circus was hella dope. I was like freakin out so many times, most notably the long cloth rope fall down thing and the motorcycles in the cage. Liked the elephants, tigers were kinda lame. Horse rider tricks were crazy. Balancing lady was aite, the chinese duo was wack. so was that contortionist dude (he didn't really contorsion his body). Clowns were dumb too, probably more for the kids. Bouncy doughnut things were aite. Liked the motorcycle on tightrope. That was dope. Anyway, first time at a real circus, and it was effin awesome. Definitely recommend a visit next they come through. The show is about 3 hrs long, with an intermission. O, btw, don't buy the cotton candy. Freakin costs $12. wtf. the hat was nice, but dood, $12?! I paid $0.50 went I was in elementary school for a bag of cotton candy.

damn, that was a long weekend. It pretty much made me broke. It was hella fun though and I had a good time. Ok, back to the regular posts.

No comments: