I like his style because he doesn't do ridicuously crazy moves. He's precise and focuses on being clean. His moves emphasize the music, literally, seeing his choreography makes you hear better. Isn't that weird, yet its true, amazing no? And his work ethic is incredible. Aside from his obvious talent, he's worked hard to get where he is, and he's now teaching at Millenium Dance Complex, one of the biggest, and most recognized dance studios on the West Coast. This guy has so many admirable qualities about him, and is a huge inspiration to me. Hopefully one day, I can take a class from him, haha.
To celebrate, we all went to Golden Corral afterwards and stuffed ourselves senseless... ah well, at least I did =) Got up at 4:30am to go to Vertical Urge to cop the new maneki neko hi's. Waited freakin 5 hours. So, the doors open, this is the moment we insanely woke and waited for, and each person in line are getting the shoes they said they'd get, or so they claimed.... This one couple was hella shady. The guy said seemed sketch straight off the bat. They were callin out sizes and he said he'd get like 9 or something and his girlfriend was getting anything.
Excuse my language, but those mutha-effers took the all 3 11's and 11.5's. The mid's only had 1 size each, and 2 of each size for the both the hi's and the low's. I wear an 11. Ricky wears 11. Can you fathom how pissed we were? You think you know, but you have no idea. not crucial or serious, but Cirius. I'm not gonna go any more on that rant....I got my hi's though, but there was a surprise, it turned out to be my birthday gift! So thank you to everyone that pitched/will pitch in to pay for it!!!
Went off to FootAction b/c Jimmy told us of a 70% off sale. I copped me some green adidas hi tops for only $21. Not too shabby, it's my new dance shoes ;P Worked at BR for a bit. Lawrence had a spontaneous house party that evening. Surprisingly, a good number of ppl showed up. But the evening wasn't all fun and games.
Finally taught Sunday school class again. It felt good to see all my kids again. Gave me a happy feeling ^_^ Also finally got my oil changed at Wal-mart. Yo, Wal-mart looks madd different now, at least the one off of Raeford Rd. It's got that "trendier" look. I think they're trying improve their image and be more like Target. I tried to find articles about that but yeah, there's too many wal-mart articles. -_-;;; Worked my last Sunday shift for the C-store. Friday is my official last day. My hours have been cut for BR so I work 2, 4 to 5 hour shifts this week. And then I'm unscheduled for a while. Another long week. Papers due, presentations due, still need to cut and choreo music, and other numerous things that I can't think of right now. Life continues to be rough and jagged.
In the midst of of everything and the issues irrelevant to each other in this blog, I got ahold of the new Ne-yo album. Music helps me get through things, it's like an outlet. And I particularly like this album a lot. I'm really feelin the flow of a lot of songs. Right now, my most favorite jam is "Make It Work". My other 2 favs are "Leaving Tonight" and "Can We Chill". "Addicted" is a really fun jam too.
Aite, that's it for this 6am entry. Time to go home and get work done.
-j2

No comments:
Post a Comment